Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Wool Boot Inserts From A Felted Wool Sweater

Sometimes I find a dense wool sweater that felts up so much during the washing and drying process that it is too thick to sew on my non-industrial machines for my sweater mittens and hats. I had a couple of these sweaters in stash and finally discovered a use for them: wool inserts for winter boots. This lovely Dale of Norway sweater was gifted several years ago from a friend and it made toasty inserts for two pairs of my winter boots. 

For one pair, the new inserts replaced the removable insole in my insulated hiking/snowshoeing boots, so as to still have enough space for my wool hiking socks. I wore them for a snowy, cold-weather event that required a lot of standing around and they kept my feet warmer. 

For the second pair, the wool inserts went over the insole to be able to wear a dressier pair of winter boots with tights and no socks. Worked perfectly. 



Pastel Patchwork Linen Hat

Wind-chill temperatures in Denver were in the negative double digits (F) the previous few days when I created this summer chapeau. The paste...